What is Cardiac Rehabilitation?
The Sky Lakes Cardiac Rehab program provides a tailored exercise and education plan for patients recovering from a cardiac event (heart attack, heart failure, heart surgery, etc).
Your healthcare specialist will thoroughly walk through how to care for your heart’s health moving forward, including a plan for exercise, diet, and managing stress.
This program includes meeting two times a week for 24 to 36 visits and includes 12 education sessions.
Why Cardiac Rehab?
Treating a cardiac event is only the first step in recovery. Studies have shown that participating in a cardiac rehab program is one of the most effective ways to get back to living a full and active life.
You Are Not Alone
As you partner with healthcare providers, family, and other patients in their rehab journey, you will have a strong support system to keep you on the path to better health.
Benefits of Cardiac Rehab
- Prescribed exercise to improve cardiovascular fitness without exceeding safe limits
- Heart disease education along with counseling on ways to stabilize or reverse heart disease by improving risk factors
- Reduction/cessation of smoking
- Lower cholesterol
- Control high blood pressure
- Weight loss/control
- Improve/manage diabetes
- Increase physical activity
- Encourage healthy eating habits
- Improve psychological well being
How do I Join the Program?
A referral from a physician is required for admission into the program, which is covered by most insurance plans.