Monna Alwine, AGNP-C, CWOCN, a nurse practitioner specializing in adult geriatric wound care, provides evidence-based wound and ostomy care at Sky Lakes Wound Care Clinic.
Monna's emphasis at the clinic is on identifying the underlying causes of wounds, using a collaborative approach involving other disciplines as needed, and working with patients to heal their wounds.
- Non-healing and chronic wounds.
- Diabetic wounds.
- Venous and arterial wounds.
- Surgical and traumatic wounds.
- Pressure ulcers.
- Wounds of unknown etiology.
- New and established ostomy patients.
- Negative pressure wound therapy.
- Sharp and autolytic debridement.
- Skin substitutes.
- Topical antimicrobial.
- Compression wraps.
- Total contact casting or similar offloading for diabetic foot ulcers.