ATTENTION: Due to COVID-19 closures letter of recommendation are optional.
In place of Letters of Recommendation we ask that you make sure there are references list in your resume for the committee to refer to if needed.
Scholarship application process is now OPEN. Applications are accepted now through May 15th 2020.
Sky Lakes Medical Center Foundation offers scholarships to college students. The scholarships are made possible by the generosity of Klamath-area families. This year there will only be ONE online application for all 5 scholarships. Your application will automatically be presorted based on specific scholarship criteria. Please review the following individual scholarship requirements to determine if any of these scholarship are right for you. Joann Burns Memorial Scholarship for Health and Science Education
- GPA minimum of 2.75, with preference to 3.0 and above
- Accepted and enrolled full-time in any school for a Health and/or Science field
- Lost a parent, sibling, aunt/uncle, or grandparent to cancer
- Attended a Klamath Basin High School, public or private
- Volunteered 50 hours of community service and/or show proof of hours spent aiding an individual battling cancer
James Bocchi Memorial Scholarship
- Non first year college students attending and/or accepted into a nursing program at KCC or OHSU/OIT
- Graduates from Klamath Basin High Schools public or private
- GPA at least 2.5 or equivalent
Klamath Falls Elks Nurse’s and Health Career’s Education Scholarship
- Priority to those attending/accepted into OHSU Nursing program
- Studying health related fields
- Priority to graduates from Klamath Basin High Schools public/private
- GPA of at least 2.0 or equivalent
- OIT competitive student athletes only
- Enrolled/accepted in any health occupations program at OIT
Dr. Ralph Waldo Stearns Scholarship
- Enrolled in any accredited school of nursing\
- GPA at least 2.0 or equivalent
- High School diploma with course work in physics, chemistry, math or general science
- Priority to graduates form Klamath Basin High Schools public/private
LETTER OF RECOMMENDATION:
All applicants will need to have 3 separate individuals complete a letter of recommendation. These letters should be done by individuals who know you well. These may include a businessman or businesswoman, minister, professor under whom you have taken courses this year, or present employer.
Please share the link below with your references and have them complete it online. Each letters of recommendation will be automatically attached to you application.