Sky Lakes volunteers are valued members of the Sky Lakes Medical Center family. The more than 200 caring members of Sky Lakes Medical Center volunteers are daily reminders of our community's dedication to family-centered healthcare. You can identify our volunteers by their green smocks.
Our volunteers provide compassionate care while maintaining a commitment to service, giving a personal touch to the medical excellence at Sky Lakes Medical Center.
This American Hospital Association video, The Power of One, outlines some of the ways volunteers are active partners with the medical center in the community.
At Sky Lakes, volunteer projects include:
- Greeting patients and visitors at various information desks.
- Sponsoring and helping to host the Red Cross bloodmobile.
- Delivering books and magazines to patients.
- Operating The Link and The Oasis Spa gift shops.
- Creating hand puppets for young patients and young visitors.
- Delivering mail and flowers to patients.
- Helping in the delivery of care in many Sky Lakes departments including the emergency department, the Family Birth Center and Sky Lakes Cancer Treatment Center.
Assignments are made based on your skills and interests. Download an application for our volunteer program.
We also have opportunities for teens. Learn about our Junior Volunteer program.