Sky Lakes volunteers are valued members of the Sky Lakes Medical Center family. The roughly 300 caring members of Sky Lakes Medical Center volunteers are daily reminders of our community's dedication to family-centered healthcare.
For more than four decades, young and young-at-heart volunteers have given countless hours to give a personal touch to the medical excellence at Sky Lakes Medical Center.
This American Hospital Association video, The Power of One, outlines some of the ways volunteers are active partners with the medical center in the community.
At Sky Lakes, volunteer projects include:
- Greeting patients and visitors at various information desks.
- Sewing lap robes to donate to patients.
- Sponsoring and hosting the Red Cross Bloodmobile.
- Delivering books and magazines to patients.
- Operating the Link and Oasis gift shops.
- Creating hand puppets for young patients.
- Delivering mail and flowers to patients.
Assignments are made based on your skills and interests. Download an application for our volunteer program.
We also have opportunities for teens. Learn about our Junior Guild.