Contact: Thomas Hottman
It is my honor and great pleasure to announce: Sky Lakes is the first Blue Zones Project-approved worksite in the Pacific Northwest.
A celebration of this important milestone in Klamath Falls – the first Blue Zones Project demonstration community in Oregon – is in the works, and I'll share details once they're finalized.
Achieving the designation demonstrates our collective commitment to creating a healthier work environment by supporting the well-being of Sky Lakes employees.
I hope you are as proud of you as I am proud of you for being part of the project that will help improve the quality of life for our friends and neighbors in Klamath Falls.
Sky Lakes earned the designation after a survey by Blue Zones staff of our performance in 46 items on the Blue Zones Project's "worksite pledge" list.
The list includes:
- Leadership – Are leaders at all levels role-modeling well-being behaviors and creating an environment that supports the health of others?
- Purpose – Do we support employees in identifying and pursuing their own purpose in the context of their work?
- Physical environment – Do we promote healthy practices and empower employees to make healthy choices at the worksite?
- Engagement – Is there an effective mix of communications, incentives, and social events to help promote well-being improvement?
- Well-being solutions – Are there engaging solutions to support employee efforts to improve and sustain their health?
Blue Zones Project is a community-by-community well-being improvement initiative designed to make healthy choices easier through permanent changes to environment, policy, and social networks.
Sky Lakes Medical Center, answered Cambia's funding match to support the Blue Zones Project initiative in Klamath Falls.