Contact: Thomas Hottman
More than 30 entertainers will show off their talents at the "Klamath's Got Talent Showcase" Saturday.
The talent show is a fundraiser for the Sky Lakes Cancer Treatment Center.
Showcase directors Jody Cheek and Dixie Kuhlman are cancer survivors, and after meeting through a mutual acquaintance during treatment, they became best friends. Both women are also volunteers for Relay For Life, but they wanted to do something to raise money for the local Cancer Treatment Center. "They've done so much for us, we just want to give back," Kuhlman said.
Kuhlman and Cheek both love entertainment, so a talent show seemed like a great fit for a fundraiser. All proceeds from the show will help local patients and their families with some of the extra costs they may incur during their treatment process. Many people might not be aware of some of the costs involved in treatment, Cheek said.
The talent showcase will feature 34 acts, with performers ranging from age 6 to 70, Cheek said. There will be singers performing all different genres, from country to oldies, and pop music.
Other acts include dancers, cloggers, gymnastics, instrumentals, and two young dancers who "just melt your heart," Cheek said.
The showcase is not a judged talent competition. Cheek and Kuhlman instead wanted to give local entertainers a chance to perform in front of a crowd, without feeling judged.
Kuhlman, who is a singer/songwriter herself, knows it can be disheartening not to win a competition, but the showcase gives entertainers a chance to do what they love to do without being judged.
The event starts 7 p.m. Saturday at the Mills Auditorium at 520 E. Main St.
Tickets are available by calling 541-274-4768, or through the Sky Lakes Medical Center Financial Counseling Department. Tickets are $10 for adults and $5 for children under 12. Tickets also will be available at the door, the evening of the performance.
A spectrum of entertainment
- Leslie Burbank and Mary Dabill — cello and flute, "Duet for Violin & Cello" by Ludwig van Beethoven
- Ken Richter — video vocal/guitar, original song "Big Strong Oak" by Ken Richter
- David Weber — trumpet solo/video lyrics, "The Rose" by Amanda McBroom
- Nicole McNerney — vocal, "I Could Have Danced All Night" from the movie "My Fair Lady"
- Becca Greable and Lexy Harris — cups/vocal duet "When I'm Gone" from the movie "Pitch Perfect"
- Vanessa Matheson — vocal "To Make You Feel My Love" by Bob Dylan
- The Latino Dancers Latin Dance — "Latin Music Selection"
- Nicole Carter — vocal "Gravity" by Sara Bareilles
- Carl Barbee — vocal/guitar "Forever Young" by Bob Dylan
- Kenadee Dassel — vocal "All of Me" by John Legend
- Clay McCord — vocal original song, "Life in San Francisco" by Clay McCord
- Stephanie Forrester — tap dance "Car Wash" by Rose Royce
- Baileigh Jean Swain — vocal/guitar original song, "Butterfly" by Baileigh Jean Swain
- Helen Harris — vocal, "All I Want" by Kodaline
- Maddy O'Donnell — vocal "Part of Your World" from the film, "The Little Mermaid"
- Veronica Norris — lyrical ballet dance, "Bloom" by The Paper Kites
- Johnathon Jay Westley Fernandez — guitar finger style, "Thinking Out Loud" by Ed Sheeran
- Eliana and Natalia Sandberg — ballet/lyrical dance, "What a Wonderful World" by David Phelps
- Findley Howard — vocal "In Summer" from the movie Frozen
- Savana Varnum — vocal, "Blank Space" by Taylor Swift
- Bailyn Amos — a cappella vocal, "Maybe" from the movie "Annie"
- Rebeca Ramirez — vocal/guitar, "King and Lion Heart" by Of Monsters and Men
- Tyler Dupart — a cappella vocal, "Oh Danny Boy"
- Tatijana Crawford — fitness gymnastics routine, "Wizard of Oz Medley"
- John Harrison — story teller/flute, "Some of John's experiences in the Navy"
- Sanjog (Sam) KC — vocal/guitar, "Timi Bhane" and "Kaha Hola" Nepalese songs
- Tamara Evans — vocal "Via Dolorosa" by Sandi Patty
- Tom Franks — vocal/guitar "Helpless" by Neil Young
- Stephanie Forrester — tap dance "Uptown Funk" by Mark Ronson ft. Bruno Mars
- Shelley Andersen — vocal, "Over the Rainbow" from the movie "The Wizard of Oz"
- Dan Lindholm — vocal/guitar original song, "Color Blind" by Dan Lindholm
- Mikayla Dewar — vocal "A Broken Wing" by Martina McBride
- The Buffalo Chix — clog dancing, "Dance around Molly" By Michael Cleveland
- All performers — vocal/musical collaboration "Lean on Me"