My personal pizza
Kids cannot live on bread (slathered with PB and J) alone. Here’s a tasty idea to vanquish afternoon snack boredom.
Makes 1 serving.
1/2 English muffin
1 1/2 tablespoons spaghetti or pizza sauce
1 tablespoon grated cheese
4 tablespoons chopped vegetables, fruits and/or cooked meat
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Lightly toast English muffin.
- Spread with spaghetti sauce or pizza sauce.
- Add cheese and pizza toppings of your choice.
- Bake 5 to 7 minutes until muffin is lightly browned and cheese is melted.
- Allow to cool slightly before eating.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Try a variety of fruits and vegetables, such as onions, bell peppers, mushrooms, pineapple and tomato.
- Add cut-up cooked meat, like chicken.
- Try whole-wheat English muffins for added fiber.
Amount per serving: 130 calories, 3.5g total fat (1.5g saturated fat), 21g carbohydrates, 5g protein, 2g dietary fiber, 240mg sodium.