Mindfulness Through Cancer
Mindfulness Through Cancer is an 8-week course taken from the book Mindfulness-Based Cancer Recovery by Linda E. Carlson, Ph.D., R.PSYCH, and Michael Speca, PSY.D., R.PSYCH. This class presents a mind-body approach to healing through cancer treatment and survivorship.
With this 8-week program you will learn to (Carlson & Speca, 2010):
- Use proven mindfulness based stress reduction (MBSR) skills during your treatment and recovery
- Boost your immune function through meditation and healing yoga
- Calm feelings of fear, uncertainty, and lack of control
- Mindfully manage difficult symptoms and side effects
- Discover your own capacity for healing and thriving after adversity
When: Every Monday starting January 21, 2019 and ending Monday March 11, 2019
Time: 5:00pm to 6:00pm
Where: Community Health Education Center, 2200 N. Eldorado Ave.
RSVP: Must RSVP through Sky Lakes Medical Center online calendar
Cost: Free - Book and supplies will be provided at no cost
Reference: Carlson, L.E., & Speca, M. (2010). Mindfulness-Based Cancer Recovery. Oakland, CA: New Harbinger Publications.
|Location:||Community Health Education Center, 2200 N. Eldorado Ave.|
|Contact:||Sarah Gale, Oncology Social Worker|