Sky Lakes Hosts Free Living Well Community Health Fair
Sky Lakes Medical Center's 19th annual Living Well Community Health Fair runs 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, March 4, at the Klamath County Fairgrounds, 3531 South Sixth Street.
This ever-popular event has an assortment of health screenings and activities for every age. Sky Lakes Laboratory Services will host cholesterol and triglyceride checks for adults, fasting 8 – 12 hour prior to the screening is recommended. Providers from Sky Lakes and Cascades East Family Medicine clinics will be on hand to go over your tests result with you and give advice.
Several Sky Lakes departments and community partners will offer other screenings including:
- Free blood pressure checks;
- Free blood glucose tests; (8 – 12 hour fast is recommended)
- Free Body Mass Index (BMI) calculations;
- Free skin sun damage screening and sun screen samples;
- Free healthy eating tips and recipe tasting;
- Free lung function tests;
- Free information on smoking cessation; and
- Free tips on how to avoid or control diabetes
Kid Zone activities include, and obstacle course and a fitness challenge.
Klamath Trails Alliance representatives will be there with information on local trails for hiking and biking.
Members of the Oregon Air National Guard at Kingsley Field will again offer a fitness challenge for both adults and kids. They will partner with OSU Extension and Sky Lakes to make it bigger and better and more fun.
There is something for everyone and you won’t want to miss any of the free activities and screenings.