Here are a few things you can do before your visit to ensure accurate billing:
- When scheduling your appointment, pre-register, and make sure the correct information is in our billing system.
- Be aware that your provider has obtained any pre-certification or referral from your insurance company if necessary.
- Understand your insurance coverage.
- Make sure the hospital accepts your insurance plan.
- Review information on your insurance company's Web site.
- Make sure you have a good understanding of what is and is not covered by your plan.
- Ask questions
- Get contact information for financial questions you may have after your visit.