No matter what surgical procedure you are considering, we understand that you expect the best possible medical care. That's what we want for you, too.
Whether your procedure is performed on an outpatient basis (no overnight stay) or if you need to stay in the hospital for a time (inpatient), your safety and comfort are our primary concerns.
We offer comprehensive care so you can rest assured that no matter what happens during your procedure, we have the experience and technology to handle it appropriately.
Our surgical services include:
- ENT – Surgical care of the ear, nose, and throat
- Gastroenterology – Surgical and non-surgical treatment of the digestive system
- General Surgery – Surgical care of chest, abdomen, and vascular system
- Gynecology – Surgical care of female reproductive system
- Obstetrics – Surgical newborn delivery
- Ophthalmic – Surgical care of the eyes
- Orthopedics – Surgical care of bones, muscles, and joints, including procedures involving the neck and spine
The department of surgery includes the Operating Rooms (OR), Post-Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU), and the Day Surgery Unit (DSU).
South Cascade Surgery Center, a hospital outpatient department of Sky Lakes Medical Center, located in the Medical Office Building, is used for qualifying same-day orthopedic procedures.
Sky Lakes Medical Center has six surgical suites and additional rooms set aside just for for cystoscopy and endoscopy.
Select registered nurses, surgical technologists and perioperative nurse assistants staff the surgery department.
The Post-Anesthesia Care Unit has eight patient care areas where patients receive care immediately following procedures. It is staffed by specialized registered nurses.
There are 15 patient care bays in the Day Surgery Unit.
The anesthesiologists at Sky Lakes are independent physicians who have their practices at the medical center.
Sky Lakes Medical Center voluntarily undergoes regular surveys by the Det Norske Veritas (DNV). DNV accreditation requires that our facility pass strict guidelines for equipment, staff, hospital access, and anesthesia administration. We strive to provide our patients with the most pleasant, safe, and positive experience possible.